nayanaya pictures In order to effectively manage the growing business successfully, nayanaya expanded its operations, in early 2004, to include a communications division yanaya communications. yanaya communications provides strategic communications services to private and public sector organisations, by identifying knowledge management and image building characteristics and designing programmes that boost communications effectiveness and enhance corporate image.
yanaya communications was the one of the founding members of Ikwezi Film Festival – a festival for profiling filmmakers and films during disability month exploring issues of people with disabilities and the prejudice they face.
yanaya communications has done work for Lovelife in the past and coordinated events during world aids Day in the past in areas such as KwaZulu Natal – Bergville, Johannesburg – Soweto and the Eastern Cape. These programmes were youth based dealing with issue of Aids and sexuality.
Xoliswa Sithole was co-ordinator at the Sithengi Film Market 3 years in a row from 1999-2002. Sithengi film market was the only film market on the African continent were buying and selling of African film took place. Services include:
- Marketing communications services
- Project and Event management services
Current and past clients and projects undertaken by yanaya communications include:
- UNiTE To End Violence Against Women Film Festival South Africa 2011/2012 Project management services for a UNDP South Africa, UNFPA, UNWomen and partners sponsored festival initiated during the 16 Days of Activism for the Elimination of Gender Violence.
- Ikwezi Film Festival 2008/9 Founding member/Project Management services on a festival to showcase films by and about the lives and experiences of people living with disabilities. The festival was organised in partnership with the Department of Women, Children and People with Disabilities, South Africa
- South African International Film and Television Market (Sithengi)1999/2002 Project Coordination services for the only film and television market on the continent which attracted over 2000 delegates for a three day annual exhibition and film trade fair.
- Lovelife/World AIDS Month Event Programme 2000 Event coordination: A series of World AIDS Month events hosted in KwaZulu Natal, Soweto and the Eastern Cape for the youth HIV/AIDs prevention campaign Lovelife.